Good Idea, Nice Design, Needs Work
Michael Lumb write:
The idea of this app is good. The design of this app is good. It technically does what it claims to do which is to grab 12 tracks with cover art, display them on screen and play one song at a time. It IS worth .99 as I feel most apps are worth. However the problem with this app is in the couple areas it needs work (which I hope the developer does at least some of).
1. It needs to exclude audiobooks. It already works to exclude podcasts, but audiobooks are not excluded when looking for random tracks. The main issue here is that most audiobooks contain 100+ tracks per book. Add 3 books and that might be 1/3 to 1/2 the tracks on the device. EVERY time I run this app I end up with 1/2 audiobook tracks which is very annoying.
2. Use the built in ipod app for playback in the background. It's annoying to a have a music app that when exited for a call or whatever stops playing and forgets what you WERE playing. There are planty of apps in teh app store that do this well (one example is "Moodagent". When you exit the app it maintains playback and the random playlist it created in the native ipod app.
3. Stability. It's not a HUGE issue, but at least 1/2 the time I run the app I wait 20-30 sec for it to open and then it closes immediately. Then I open it again and it's fine.
4. I personally would like to see it work in landscape mode
5. I would some way of making the artist and track info on the bottom bigger as I use; and I many others do to; this app more in the car than anywhere and find that it's nearly impossible to readt the tiny text at the bottom for artist and song.